We have an exciting opportunity for Senior Registered Nurse with Learning Disability experience to work in the leading hospital in South Wales area, Blaenau Gwent.
You will be working in short stay open unit for young people aged 12-17 experiencing a period of acute mental health crisis. The unit provides 24-hour nursing and medical care for emergency and planned admissions.
The team comprises mental health nurses, child and adolescent psychiatrists, clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, teachers and administrative staff.
This is a permanent position with salary up to £34,000 per annum- dependent on skills and experience.
You will have experience of working at band 5 in a child and young people setting and working in a multi-disciplinary team
Working pattern: 12,5 hours shifts.
Days and nights working 7.30 am - 8.00 pm and 7.30 pm to 8.00 am
• Specialist clinical knowledge relevant to the Learning disability service
• Working knowledge of all relevant legislation related to CAMHS
• Knowledge of counselling skills, group skills, cognitive skills, and behavioural skills
• Ability to assess risk, and manage suicidal, violent and challenging behaviour in a hospital setting
• Understanding of the 1983 Mental Health Act and subsequent MH legislation as they pertain to nurses
• Understanding of the role and function of other organisations providing services to young people
• Appropriate time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Effective leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Clinical audit and research skills
• Ability to interpret research and apply to practice
• Ability to establish recording systems and to provide necessary reports on activity and performance
• Ability to work effectively as a member of the multidisciplinary team
• Ability to supervise, teach and develop the skills of junior staff
• Ability to deal with a wide range of complex needs
• Ability to manage own and team anxiety
• Basic IT skills
• RMN (current NMC registration)
• ENB 998 or equivalent
• Evidence of continued professional development
• Additional specialist training specific to adolescent mental health would be an advantage
If you would like to become part of a forward-thinking healthcare team, to enhance and develop your skills and experience further then get in touch to find our more or email your CV to Gabriela Walowski
07789 755 864/ 01423 790 363 email@example.com