Band 6 Speech & Language Adult Acute Therapist Required – Neuro / Stroke
We are looking for an experience Adult Acute Band 6 Speech & Language Therapist to join a large NHS trust based in Northwest London.
The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running and be Dysphagia trained and competent and able to work well within a MDT team.
Speciality: Neuro /Stroke
Grade: Band 6
Site: North East London
Hours: 37.5 p/w
Dates: Approx. 8 weeks with possibility for an extension
Monday – Friday
Rate: £26.14 per hour
• To assess, diagnose and manage designated specialist caseloads of clients with communication / swallowing disorders, independently: this includes complex cases.
• To demonstrate evidence of specialist clinical judgement, evidence based practice and outcome measures.
• Provide second opinions and advice to more junior colleagues and to other professionals in the field.
• Supervise and plan time-table and work for assistants and volunteers.
• Mentor and supervise junior Speech and Language Therapists.
• Provide full student Speech and Language Therapy placement.
• Be accountable for own professional action and recognise own professional boundaries.
• Work independently within defined departmental and national protocols/policies and professional code of conduct.
• Identify and attend relevant training and development in line with appraisal and service needs relating to clinical specialism.
• Keep up to date with new developments within a clinical specialism, at a specialist level, through attendance at relevant SIGs and other training.
Professional Responsibilities & Development:
• Write appropriate reports and case notes, reflecting specialist knowledge.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with client/carer, assessment findings, diagnosis and therapy intervention plan, reflecting specialist knowledge.
• This may include breaking bad news in a sensitive manner.
• Negotiate with clients/carer/other professionals around case management and to recognise potential breakdown and conflict when it occurs and take steps to resolve.
• Deal with problems/issues as they arise and discuss with the lead SLT as necessary.
• Employ negotiation skills in the management of conflict across a range of situations.
• Deal with initial complaints sensitively, avoiding escalation where possible.
• Take a proactive role within multidisciplinary teams.
• Take responsibility for day-to-day operational management of small staff groups.
• Take the lead on inter-agency team-working as requested.
• Represent the SLT department in meetings with other agencies as requested.
• Take the lead on the development of local policies and care pathways.
• Use specialist knowledge to inform service/ policy developments as appropriate.
Please send your CV directly to Charlie.email@example.com or call 0203 700 9987 | 07879475175 to discuss the role further.
Why choose RIG?
Strong market knowledge and dedicated specialist recruiter in SLT, with over 3 years in the industry.
Strong reputation with the NHS, piece of mind that you’re working with a reputable Framework agency
Strong compliance ethics, would you want a family member being looked after by someone not qualified or with no compliance checks?
We don’t lie about our rates £ all rates Non –Direct or Direct engagement (PAYE) given are as per the frameworks and agency capped rates, know that you’re working with transparency.
Nationwide SLT Vacancies.
Highly knowledgeable consultants who care about your career and want to aid your professional development in any way we can. For every 3 months you work through RIG, you will receive £150 CPD contributions! (T’s&C’s apply).
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Band 7 Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist looking for a 2-3…Read More Save
I have an exciting opportunity for a locum speech and language therapist to work in Cambridge. The…Read More Save
Are you looking for a change of job role? Are you keen on working in the Epping area with part-time hours? I…Read More Save