***URGENT REQUIREMENT FOR A BAND 5***
Our client, based in North London East London urgently requires a community occupational therapist to join their Mental Health service. The successful candidate will undertake the following duties;
1. Accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service and develop programmes of care packages.
2. Assess and supports people with a common mental health problem in the self-management of their recovery.
3. Undertake patient-centred interviews which identifies areas where the person wishes to see change and or recovery and makes an accurate assessment of risk to self and others.
4. Make decisions on suitability of new referrals, adhering to the department’s referral protocols, refers unsuitable clients on to the relevant service or back to the referral agent as necessary or steps-up the person’s treatment to high intensity psychological therapy.
5. Provide a range of information and support for evidence based high-volume low-intensity psychological treatments. This may include guided self-help computerised CBT, information about pharmacological treatments. This work may be face to face, telephone or via other media.
6. Educate and involve family members and others in treatment as necessary.
7. Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the overall number of client contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
8. Attend multi-disciplinary meetings relating to referrals or clients in treatment, where appropriate.
9. Complete all requirements relating to data collection within the service.
10. Keep coherent records of all clinical activity in line with service protocols and use these records and clinical outcome data in clinical decision making.
11. Work closely with other members of the team ensuring appropriate step-up and step-down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
12. Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process.
13. Operate at all times from an inclusive values base which promotes recovery and recognises and respects diversity.
14. Prepare and present clinical information for all patients on their caseload to clinical case management supervisors within the service on an agreed and scheduled basis, in order to ensure safe practice and the clinical governance obligations of the worker, supervisor and service are delivered.
15. Respond to and implement supervision suggestions by supervisors in clinical practice.
16. Engage in and respond to personal development supervision to improve competences and clinical practice.
Locum contract to start ASAP
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Pay rate: £34ph umbrella £29.88 paye (after ENIC deductions)
If you are interested in the post, can you kindly send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Band 6 OT NEEDED TO START Monday! An opportunity to work for our trusted client in Worthing as a Band…Read More Save
Full time band 6 Occupational therapist needed for a role in Swansea. Previous experience of working…Read More Save
RIG Healthcare are currently in search of a Band 6 or 7 Paediatric Occupational Therapist to work across…Read More Save