We have a new and exciting opportunity to transform the delivery of care to patients with RHEUMATOLOGY conditions. Our multidisciplinary team in Hertfordshire is seeking for Clinical Nurse Specialist
This is permanent, full time opportunity with salary range £32K- £42K pa
Candidates looking for part time work will also be considered
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about patient care and the evolving progression of nursing as a profession. They will be nurses with a proven record of continuing education and experience in rheumatology. They will be autonomous and self-directed but will also be good team players, recognising the strength of a strong team and mutual support. They will be responsible for developing a workforce to ensure the long-term success of the service.
Advanced clinical assessment and consultation skills are essential for this role.
In addition, the successful candidate will be a non-medical prescriber.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a variety of settings are essential.
Above all else the individual will feel passionately about improving the care and lives of people who suffer from these long term, often unpredictable conditions.
The post holder will work at an advanced level* providing a nurse led autonomous service delivering on the following aims and objectives:
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering a first-class rheumatology service to non-complex patients who are following the “expected course of disease”.
• Provide a seamless Tier 2 service working closely with Tier 1 (Primary care) and using the expertise of Tier 3 (Secondary care) only when appropriate.
• Work to national standards and guidelines ensuring that remission of disease is a realistic goal.
• Deliver high quality and relevant education to patients enabling effective self-management.
• Ensure that an advice line available to patients and health professionals delivers rapid, effective information and help, preventing unnecessary GP and A&E attendances.
• Co-ordinate and deliver a comprehensive annual review ensuring early identification of comorbidities and complications of disease and work with the patient and GP to manage and minimalize these.
• Offer rapid access appointments for flare patients and to provide an urgent joint injection service.
• Ensure that the most cost-effective treatments are used, including switching to biosimilars as appropriate.
• Support and educate junior members of the team, aiding retention and succession planning.
• Take responsibility for annual appraisals and personal development plans for nurses in development roles
• Share knowledge and information freely with the wider healthcare team thus embedding education in the workplace and assisting the succession planning process.
• Lead on audit and research ensuring ongoing improvement in the services available to patients.
• To be responsible for the assessment and planning of patients care, including initiation of new treatments, dose adjustments and repeat prescribing.
• Ensure that patients receive a consistent approach to management of their condition which is evidence based.
• Plan and co-ordinate routine infusions of biologic therapies and treatments for osteoporosis.
• Provide an advice line for patients, carers and health professionals, responding within 24 hours
• Provide urgent appointments for patients in “flare” or those requiring urgent joint injections
• Undertake an annual review of all patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) based on the Freeman Hospital, Newcastle model.
• Assess for co-morbidities and work closely with the patients GP to ensure “joined up” care.
• Identify when patients are not “following the expected course of disease” and seek advice from Tier 3
• Support patients and families throughout the course of disease
• Maintain an accurate record of all activity undertaken and input this directly to the GP system ensuring a contemporaneous record is held.
If you feel that you’d be the right fit for the role, please contact myself for more information and job description
01423 790 363
07789 755 864
A role has become available for a Registered Mental Health Nurse to work Ad Hoc Shifts at a number of…Read More Save
Outside of IR35, LTD companies accepted – Flexible working, good rates. One of our Private Clients…Read More Save
Registered Mental Health Nurse/Registered Learning Disability Nurse Stevenage Location: Stevenage…Read More Save